Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'll take retaliation for 500, Alex.

So, okay.
Life's an asshole. Really, right? I'm definitely not proposing the idea of looking at it as "half full" anytime soon. At least not at the moment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good week this week, so stay tuned.

Dave's sentencing ended up being more than what he was supposed to get, but less than what he should've got, if that made sense. I mean, yeah, it definitely could've been a fuckton worse, but now that he's in for 3-5 months - what he's going to miss out on really sucks (Christmas with his kids, his 30th birthday, his kids' birthdays, my birthday and so on).

I got an email from one of my best friends (circa 7th grade, folks. crazy!) two weeks ago, and she informed me of her mother being in the hospital, and the outlook was lookin' rather grim. Unfortunately, "ma" - as I called her since my pre-pubescent years - passed away this past week, causing my emotional downward spiral to go a little bit faster. Sigh.
At least she isn't suffering anymore, but I can't imagine losing my mom so soon, ya know? I can't help but wonder how my friend is feeling right now, or her dad for that matter.

So much love in that family, it was something to be envied.

I'm getting serious on the scholastic front, which will be nice to report to the parentals. I'm going to start lurking about the campuses downtown to see what I need to do in order to hop back on the bandwagon and such. Should be fun and fucking scary all at once. Insert slight nod with a smile.

Baaaaaah. Other than that, I've been working on preparations for the upcoming snow ridiculousness that will be approaching soonlike. That, and getting a Christmas shopping list together for my dear loved ones, since I had to skip Christmas last year (I felt like such a douche!).

See?
I don't even sound exciting, even after skipping - what, a month? - of writing and updating.

Oh! Halloween. DEFINITELY awesome. I participated in the zombie walk in Grand Rapids (pwned Pittsburgh by a landslide... I just said "pwned"), went to a ridiculous Halloween party (Devil with a blue dress = most frustrating costume to find things for that doesn't make me out to look like a whore or a dunce, ever.) and spat blood on people for Day of The Dead with The Necrophilicons.

This just in: Dave might be getting out after 45 days after all, like originally planned! That'd be awesome.

I'm a loser with nothing much more to say.
How are you kind folks?!

I miss you [all]. (you know who you are.)

No comments: