Sunday, May 25, 2008

So it goes like this.

This weekend consisted of work, sun, peace, music, pirate ships, and flowers.

Saturday, I was apart of the Bodies of War 2008 peace rally in Calder Plaza. Easily one of the sweetest things I ever partook in. I was rather amazed by the turnout. Of course, the sun was blazin' by high noon, so yeah, I got one awkward looking farmer's tan. Here's a pic:



pretty damn awesome, if you ask me. Oh look! there I am!

I went to Rocky's that night to check out Dave's band and such; had a good time - it was pretty solid. My friend Joel had told me about a month ago, in a drunken stupor, that he wanted to build me a pirate ship, and I laughed it off. Well, he approaches me at the show last night and says, "where should I sail the ship?" of course, this was an on-going light-hearted joke and I said, "well I don't know, my car's across the street." He tells me to look out the window and count to two minutes.

The guy really did make me a pirate ship.

How fucking amazin'?! Granted, it was a bit odd to have an acquaintence make me such an amazing piece, (seriously, it's all metal scraps) but hey! I just got an artpiece made for me! That's pretty awesome.

I also won flowers in a random raffle that I didn't think I'd ever win, and on my way back from retrieving those flowers, I got a bogus speeding ticket. Weak.



Good times.
"Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for two ugly people."

No comments: